Enter your e-mail address.
Enter the password that accompanies your e-mail.
Picnics and outdoor gatherings are one of the best things about the weather warming up in my world. What better way to spend a Saturday than outside in a beautiful park with great food and drinks. While sandwiches are usually what I reach for, lately I have been thinking about slow cooker dishes that could potentially work for outdoor gatherings and taste good warm or at room temperature. What are your favorite picnic crockpot recipes?
1. Slow Cooker Ratatouille: This yummy vegetable dish not only makes a great main dish but is delicious smeared on bread or used as a dip for veggies, pita chips, or really any baked chip.
2. Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken: Instead of traditional picnic fried chicken, this flavorful slow cooked jerk chicken is fall off the bone tender and tastes delicious room temperature. Pack it alongside a delicious slaw and you have a perfect afternoon meal.
3. Slow Cooker Apple BBQ Turkey: If you are looking for a twist on pulled chicken or pork, this apple BBQ turkey is a great option. It works great in salads, sandwiches, or wraps and is a healthy option that doesn't require too much work.
4. Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sliders: Not heading to far away from home. Make up a batch of this delicious barbecue beef and then pack it along with some slider rolls and a simple slaw. Assemble when you get to your destination for a fun, drool-worthy lunch.
5. Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Beef: I LOVE this simple beef recipe. It makes killer sandwiches and is just as delicious almost any way you serve it. It's best warm to just above room temperature so plan on using it for a picnic at home or close to home.
View the discussion thread.
Helping thousands of people make meal planning, healthy eating, and weight loss delicious and stress free.