Up until this point, I have never really talked to much about fitness or exercise on the blog, but I wanted to change that in 2012. Having all of you has done wonders keeping me accountable for trying new recipes and staying on track eating. So here is a huge THANKS! However, working out. That's a whole other story. My general work out pattern has gone something like this: work out hard for 2 weeks, kind of work out for 1 week, take 6-10 weeks off. Ugh. Does this happen to anyone else? So to hopefully fix that this year, I am going to set some work out goals, that I can hopefully stick to. Here they are:
Along with these goals, here are some of my favorite tools, that I am hoping will also help me stay on track to be more fit in 2012.
1. Nike + Sensor: If you have an iPod and like to listen to music while you run, this is a must. I personally recommend the sensor and sensor case because it can be used on any pair of sneakers. Plug the Nike + into your iPod and the sensor automatically tracks your mileage and gives you encouragement messages along the way. Then plug in your Ipod to your computer and it tracks your weekly progress. I LOVE mine. There are also great workouts available on iTunes that coach you through different runs and even full body workouts.
2. Pedometer: One of the best pieces of fitness advice I ever heard was to buy a pedometer and track my daily steps. As soon as I bought one, I immediately began challenging myself to take more steps everyday. Honestly, you will park further away from the store just to get more steps. I thought it was crazy, but it's true. Best of all, they are inexpensive and help you maximize something you already do everyday - walk.
3. Resistance Band Set: I will be the first to admit I am not always the best at adding in strength training to my workouts. I think it dates back to a certain softball coach who had us lift weights with the football team to bulk us up. I am terrified of bulking up. However, I love these resistance bands for quick strength training at home. The linked kit is my personal favorite, but any would work. You can do a million exercises and stretches with them.
4. Theraband Ankle and Wrist Weights: To be honest, I haven't tried these yet but did just order them. A friend of mine (who is in amazing shape) swears by them. She wears them for her morning walk and then wears the ankle weights anytime she is cooking, cleaning, or just lounging around her house to give her an extra boost. Based on her results and the fact that they only cost $18, I have to give it a try.
5. Body Bugg: I am saving up to buy this currently. I have heard so many good things about it and just have to have one. Hopefully it will be making it's way to my arm soon. Anything that works on the Biggest Loser, I want to try. And this one sounds amazing.
What are your 2012 fitness goals?
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.