Enter your e-mail address.
Enter the password that accompanies your e-mail.
Many folks are asking about the new or revamped Weight Watchers Points Plus program that Weight Watchers recently unveiled. Overall I haven't noticed too many changes other than my daily points value by dropping by three percent. You can find a summary of the major changes here (courtesy of a reader who sent a PDF file from her WW leader), but I have included five of my favorite changes below. Most of them are for things I really love that now have lower points values. A good thing to remember as you look at these changes is that most of the changes are due to changes in the size or weight of a serving.
1. Red or White Wine: Previously on WW, a 4 oz glass of wine was 4 weight watchers points plus, now it is only 3 weight watchers points plus. For a fun, now lower points holiday wine cocktail, try this easy mulled wine. perfect for a cold holiday night. Pour half of the red wine you will be serving into a saucepan. Then place 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 whole nutmeg, and a handful of allspice berries in a cheesecloth and drop into the red wine. Add in 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend and the zest and juice from 1/2 an orange. Simmer for 5-7 minutes and then add in the remaining wine and warm. I prefer this recipe with Zinfandel but any red wine will work. Find more ideas for holiday cocktails here.
2. Avocado: A serving of avocado used to be 3 points plus, and now it is only two points plus. Since I absolutely love avocado, I was so excited to see this change. Perfect for tacos, sandwiches, and smeared on toast. Or if you are like me, usually at least one serving is on a spoon, scooped directly out of the avocado, with some salt.
3. Beef chuck (pot roast): A 3 oz serving of beef chuck, commonly known as pot roast, used to be 6 points plus. Now it is only 4 points plus. Beef chuck is a meat that needs to be cooked low and slow and is perfect for beef stew and chili. I used to use brisket for many of my slow cooked stews, chilis, and tacos, but may be switching to beef chuck now. It is lower in points value and cheaper.
4. Seasoned Dried Bread Crumbs: This may seem like a strange one to include, but whenever I crave fried food I like to make my own baked version. It used to be 4 points plus for 1/4 cup and now it is only three. They work perfect in this skinny chicken parmesan.
5. Baked Beans: I am a little embarrassed to admit how much I like baked beans, but I just love them as a quick side dish. Baked beans used to be 8 weight watchers points plus and now are just 5 weight watchers points plus for a 1/2 cup. My favorite canned version is from Trader Joe's and am looking for recipes that I can make on my own. Any suggestions??
View the discussion thread.
Helping thousands keep a healthy and well balanced eating habits and most importantly lose weight!