Lately it seems that more and more people are moving towards lower carbohydrate diets in some form. For some this means severely limiting carbohydrates and cutting out grains, legumes, breads, and even most fruit. For others it means making a more concerted effort to consume less carbohydrates, eliminate gluten, or just make smarter decisions about what types of carbohydrates they consume. Personally I try to make smarter choices about carbohydrates - choosing whole grains and unprocessed foods and also try to make sure they are more of a "side dish" to my meal as opposed to the main focus.
One meal I am doing this most days of the week is breakfast. I usually try and prepare a high protein, low carb dish and pair it with some fresh fruit. Reaching for something with a lot of protein is the key for staying full all morning. Here are some of my favorite high protein, low carb breakfasts? What are yours?
1. Turkey Sausage, Spinach, and Egg Wrap, 262 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
2. Greek Yogurt and Flax Pancakes with Berries, 235 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
3. Low Carb Almond Joy Pancakes, 266 calories, 7 PointsPlus®
4. Yogurt Chia Seed Pudding, 251 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
5. Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes, 118 calories, 3 PointsPlus®
View the discussion thread.