Although salads have always been one of my favorite lunch options, many times I find myself shying away from packing them for lunch. Sometimes this is because my dishwasher secretly eats all my small dressing containers or because I can’t be bothered to cut up enough veggies or sometimes I just can’t get my act together in the morning to pull it off. Either way, as much as I love a good salad for lunch, it hardly ever happens.
That is until I started making more make ahead salads that stayed fresh and delicious in the fridge for a few days like the ones I am sharing today. Just simply make them on Sunday or as a dinner side dish and then enjoy them for a few days for lunch. One quick note, for the lower calorie salads, consider adding leftover cooked meats, canned beans, or avocado to add more protein and make a more complete meal.
1. Spaghetti Squash Chopped Greek Salad, 207 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
2. Butternut Squash, Quinoa, and Pomegranate Salad, 210 calories, 5 PointsPlus®
3. Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad, 222 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
4. Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad, 192 calories, 4 PointsPlus®
5. Black Bean, Mango, and Quinoa Salad, 253 calories, 6 PointsPlus®
What are your favorite make ahead salads?
View the discussion thread.