I am lucky to live in Los Angeles, which is full of delicious Mexican food. One of my favorites is a Bionico, which is a fruit salad dish from Guadalajara. Basically it is a fruit salad that has a delicious sweet “milk” sauce and granola. I always thought it was likely a weight watchers friendly snack, until I learned that it was full of cream and high calorie condensed and evaporated milk. However, since I love it so much, I decided to try and find a low point alternative, which resulted in this 2 point recipe. It is also one of those recipes that takes 2 minutes to make but tastes delicious for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
Healthy Bionico – Mexican Fruit Salad
Servings: about 12
Serving Size: 1 cup of fruit, 2 tbsp of fruit sauce, and 2 tbsp of low fat granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 2 *
1 cup of your favorite fruit per serving- I love mine with banana, apples, mango, and grapes but anything will work.
1 cup non fat, light plain yogurt
1/2 cup non fat condensed milk (if you can find non fat, light condensed milk it has even fewer calories)
2 tbsp low fat granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch per serving
- Cut your favorite fruits into bite sized pieces.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of the yogurt with 1/2 cup of the condensed milk and blend until mixed well.
- Top the fruit with 2 tbsp on the yogurt/condensed milk sauce and 2 tbsp granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
- Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Do you like these recipes?
Check out our healthy meal plans featuring
recipes just like this.
- Weekly Meals Plans for 2 or 4
- Nutritional information including PointsPlus®
- Complete, categorized shopping lists
I’m Kristen and I couldn’t be happier you are here. You will find a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that will not only taste great, but help you fit in your favorite jeans.
You May Also Enjoy:
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes directly in your inbox.
Add a Comment...
Never Miss a Recipe
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- $25 Healthy Meal Plans Special & Week 36 Meal Plan August 29, 2015 0 comments
- Back to School Meal Plan Special: Just $25 Yearly! August 28, 2015 0 comments
- Friday Five: Delicious and Healthy Corn Recipes August 28, 2015 0 comments
- Sesame Ginger Tofu Spring Rolls with Pineapple from Nasoya August 26, 2015 0 comments
- Healthy Hiking with LÄRABAR & a Giveaway! October 26, 2014 113 comments
- Cheesy “Fried” Mozzarella Bites & SkinnyTaste Giveaway October 13, 2014 113 comments
- Holiday Giveaway! December 14, 2013 94 comments
- Great Freezer Meals and Glad Give Away June 11, 2012 76 comments
- 100 Calorie Recipes
- 100 Calorie Snacks
- 150 Calorie Recipes
- 200 Calorie Recipes
- 250 Calorie Recipes
- 300 Calorie Recipes
- 350 Calorie Recipes
- 400 Calorie Recipes
- 50 Calorie Recipes
- All Recipes
- Asian Recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Clean Eating
- Crock Pot
- Dairy Free Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Freezer Friendly
- Healthy Cooking 101
- Healthy Living
- Holiday Meals
- Low Calorie Recipes
- Low Carb
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
- Main Course
- Meal Plans
- Member Lowcarb Meal Plans
- Member Meal Plans
- Member Resources
- Member Vegetarian Meal Plans
- Paleo Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Quick Healthy Recipes
- Side Dishes
- SK Products
- Slow Cooker Sundays
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Top Five Lists
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Weight Loss Wednesday
- Working Out